Import Administration
September 2001:   New FTZ Mailing Address  
last update: September 2002 



                             DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE 
                           Foreign-Trade Zones Board 
 
                               [Docket No. 9-80] 
 
                                  45 FR 37249
 
                                June 2, 1980 
 

Foreign-Trade Zone No. 35, Philadelphia, Pa.; Application for Expansion

Notice is hereby given that the Philadelphia Port Corporation, grantee of 
Foreign-Trade Zone No. 35 in Philadelphia has applied to the  Foreign-Trade 
Zones Board (the Board) for authority to expand its zone to include an 
82-acre parcel in the southwestern portion of the City of Philadelphia, 
near the Philadelphia International Airport and within the Philadelphia 
Customs port of entry. The application was submitted pursuant to the 
provisions of the Foreign-Trade Zones Act of 1934, as amended (19 U.S.C. 
81a-81u), and the regulations of the Board (15 CFR Part 400).  It was 
formally filed on May 27, 1980.  The applicant is authorized to apply for 
foreign-trade zone sites under Pennsylvania State Act No. 126 (Pub. L. 291), 
approved June 10, 1935.

Foreign-Trade Zone No. 35 was authorized by the Board on March 24, 1978 
(Board Order No. 128).  It consists of warehouse and open storage areas at 
Pier 78 South, Pier 78 South-Annex Buildings (1, 2, and 3), and Pier 98 
South-Annex, all on the Delaware River Waterfront within the City of 
Philadelphia.  The grantee leases the approved zone areas from the City, 
and the Delaware Valley Foreign-Trade Zone, Inc. (DVFTZ) is the designated 
zone operator.  DVFTZ is presently developing the Pier 78 South facilities 
as a warehousing center, and the 24-acre open area at Pier 98 South
is reserved for construction of a manufacturing plant for a single user.

The application for expansion seeks zone status for an 82-acre parcel 
within the 1140-acre Philadelphia Interport Business Complex, a land-bank 
project of the Philadelphia Industrial Development Commission (PIDC).  The 
zone would be within the Eastwick Industrial Park portion of the complex, 
with PIDC making land available to the zone operator as needed under a 
"reservation acquisition" agreement.  Initial zone operations within the 
expanded area would include a public warehousing and export packaging 
facility, a facility for producing mica paper for electronic capacitors, and
a production plant for injection molding devices.

In accordance with the Board's regulations, an Examiner's Committee has been
appointed to investigate the application and report to the Board.  The 
committee consists of: Hugh J. Dolan (Chairman), Office of the Secretary, 
U.S. Department of Commerce, 14th and E Streets NW, Washington, DC 20230; 
John Noon, Director, Inspection and Control Division, U.S. Customs Service, 
Region III, 40 S. Gay Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21202; and Colonel James 
G. Ton, District Engineer, U.S. Army Engineer District Philadelphia, U.S. 
Customs House, 2nd and Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, Pa. 19106. 

Comments concerning the proposed zone expansion are invited in writing 
from interested persons and organizations.  They should be addressed to 
the Board's Executive Secretary at the address below and postmarked on or 
before June 13, 1980.

A copy of the application is available for public inspection at each of 
the following locations:


U.S. Department of Commerce District Office,
Federal Building, Room 9448,
600 Arch Street,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106


Office of the Executive Secretary,
Foreign-Trade Zones Board,
U.S. Department of Commerce, Room 6888-B
14th and E Streets NW.,
Washington, D.C. 20230.


   Dated: May 27, 1980. 

 
John J. Da Ponte, Jr., 

   Executive Secretary. 
[FR Doc. 80-16553 Filed 5-30-80; 8:45 am]