|S u b z o n e A p p l i c a t i o n s
To have an area designated for a company under the TSF or outside of an ASF service area use the subzone application format below.
- The required pre-docketing copy of the application should be sent to our dedicated e-mail address:
- The grantee's letter submitting the application should indicate whether the proposed subzone
would be subject to the zone's approved activation limit (which would enable a three-month processing time instead of
- If the proposed subzone is located within an ASF service area, the ASF minor boundary modification format can be used
to designate the site or sites as a subzone instead of one or more usage-driven sites.
- When an application has been filed, the FTZ staff publishes a notice in the Federal Register opening
a public comment period. The applicant also must publish notice in a local newspaper describing
- The application fee for subzone not involving production activity or involving production activity with less
than 3 products is $4,000.
The fee for subzones involving production activity with 3 or more products is $6,500. The Federal Tax ID number is 91-2014781.
Checks should be made payable to:
U.S. Department of Commerce ITA.
- Required Number of Copies: The original, one paper copy and an electronic copy (Adobe PDF format preferred). If you
cannot submit a PDF-format copy, you may submit a MS Word-format copy. Note that, in either
case, the electronic copy must include color maps and scans of the signed versions of all letters.
- Application should be sent to: Andrew McGilvray, Executive Secretary, Foreign-Trade Zones Board,
U.S. Department of Commerce, 1401 Constitution Ave., NW, Room 21013, Washington, DC 20230