Import Administration
September 2001:   New FTZ Mailing Address  
last update: September 2002 
                             DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE 
                           Foreign-Trade Zones Board 
 
                               [Docket No. 10-88] 
 
                                   53 FR 6020 
 
                               February 29, 1988 
 
 
Foreign-Trade Zone 70, Detroit, MI; Application for Expansion  
 
TEXT: An application has been submitted to the Foreign-Trade Zones Board (the
Board) by the Greater Detroit Foreign-Trade Zone, Inc. (GDFTZ), grantee of 
FTZ 70, requesting authority to expand the zone to include two additional
general-purpose zone sites in Detroit, within the Detroit, Michigan, Customs
port of entry. The application was submitted pursuant to the provisions of 
the Foreign-Trade Zones Act, as amended (19 U.S.C. 81a-81u), and the 
regulations of the Board (15 CFR Part 400). It was formally filed on 
February 16, 1988.  
 
   The Detroit zone was approved in July 1981, and reorganized in April 1985.
Since then, there have also been two boundary modifications. The zone project
presently consists of five general-purpose zone sites (total area, 16 acres, 
with some 350,000 sq. ft. of warehouse space) in Detroit. The change 
requested in this application involves the addition of two 32-acre general-
purpose sites, one of which contains warehousing space that was authorized
under a boundary modification until July 1990. One of the two new sites is
at the Lynch Road Industrial Park Condominium located at Lynch Road and Mt. 
Elliott Avenue. The owner is Lynch Road Properties, Inc., and the operator
of the site will be Progressive Distribution Centers, Inc. The second site
(two parcels) is owned by the Detroit Economic Development Corporation, and
is located at Clark and Fort Streets, at the former Rockwell International
and Fruehauf Corporation properties. GDFTZ indicates it needs the additional
sites to accommodate new zone business. 
 
   In accordance with the Board's regulations, an examiners committee has
been designated to investigate the application and report to the Board. The
committee consists of: Joseph Lowry (Chairman), Foreign-Trade Zones Staff,
U.S. Department of Commerce, Washington, DC 20230; William L. Morandini, 
District Director, U.S. Customs Service, North Cental Region, Patrick V.
McNamara Bldg., 477 Michigan Ave., Detroit, MI 58226-2568; and Colonel 
Robert F. Harris, District Engineer, U.S. Army Engineer District Detroit,
P.O. Box 1027, Detroit, MI 48231-1027.  
 
   Comments concerning the proposed expansion are invited in writing from 
interested parties. They should be addressed to the Board's Executive 
Secretary at the address below and postmarked on or before April 12, 1988. 
 
   A copy of the application is available for public inspection at each of
the following locations: 
 
 
U.S. Department of Commerce District Office, 
McNamara Bldg., 
477 Michigan Ave., 
Detroit, MI 48226 
 
Office of the Executive Secretary, 
Foreign-Trade Zones Board, 
U.S. Department of Commerce, 
14th & Pennsylvania Avenue NW., Room 1529, 
Washington, DC 20230.  
 
   Dated: February 23, 1988. 
 
 
John J. Da Ponte, Jr., 
 
   Executive Secretary  
[FR Doc. 88-4254 Filed 2-26-88; 8:45 am] 
 
   BILLING CODE 3510-DS-M