Back     Glossary of FTZ Terms  

Who can apply?

  • Applications for new general-purpose zones are made by a public or public-type corporation (this could include port authorities, cities, counties, economic development organizations or others). If the zone is approved, this organization is referred to as the "grantee".

  • The grantee then may apply for expansions to the zone, manufacturing or subzone authority on behalf of interested companies.