August 12, 2011
RE: FTZ Board Update - Changes to Annual Report Process
We would like to offer the following clarification in response to some questions from grantees about yesterday's e-mail
- Each zone's 2011 report to the FTZ Board will not include data for the 4th quarter of 2010.
- The 4th quarter of 2010 also was not included in the 2010 report (the final report that grantees submitted on the
basis of the federal fiscal year, rather than the calendar year).
- If the data for the 4th quarter of 2010 were included in the 2011 report, we would not be able to accurately compare
- In the interest of minimizing burden for zone grantees and operators, we will not be asking that the data for the 4th
quarter of 2010 be provided separately.
- In sum, the 2011 report will only include data for January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011.
If you have any questions on the annual report process, do not hesitate to contact Liz Whiteman (202-482-0473, Elizabeth.Whiteman@trade.gov) or Marsha Foust (202-482-5832, Marsha.Foust@trade.gov).
Executive Secretary and Staff Director
U.S. Foreign-Trade Zones Board