|P r o d u c t i o n N o t i f i c a t i o n s a n d A p p l i c a t i o n s
- The new formats for Production notifications and applications have not yet been approved by the Office of Management and Budget.
Until the new formats are approved, use the existing formats below for production notifications and applications. For production
notifications you only need to answer Questions A1, A8, A34, A35, C2, C3 and C4:
- At the time that you submit a production notification, you must also provide a copy to the CBP port that will be
overseeing the activity.
- All notifications/applications (and related communications) to the FTZ Board should come from - or be copied (CC'd) to - the zone's grantee.
The FTZ Staff is unable to review such application-related documents unless the grantee has been included in the communication.
- Production applications require that a pre-docketing copy of the application be submitted. This copy should be sent to our dedicated e-mail address:
- Applicants are allowed to use estimates, ranges, categories, etc. in providing specific
plant or FTZ savings information so that information so that information is presented
in non-proprietary form (applications are available to the public).
- An objective of the zone program is to encourage
commercial and industrial operations in the United States that would otherwise
have been conducted abroad for Customs reasons, including export activity.
Zones should help create employment, not simply divert it from one region of the
country to another.
- Required Number of Copies: The original, one paper copy and an electronic copy (Adobe PDF format preferred). If you cannot
submit a PDF-format copy, you may submit a MS Word-format copy. Note that, in either case, the
electronic copy must include scans of the signed versions of all letters.
- Applications should be sent to: Andrew McGilvray, Executive Secretary, Foreign-Trade Zones Board,
U.S. Department of Commerce, 1401 Constitution Ave., NW, Room 21013, Washington, DC 20230